Ingrown hairs are basically the Devil in disguise! I’m telling you, they hurt + are just so darn nasty!! I am blessed to be a natural curly haired girl + for as long as I can remember, I have had issues with ingrown hairs after shaving. Some people may say, “Just wax” or “Use a chemical hair remover”! I absolutely appreciate the suggestions but those options just DO NOT work for me. My skin is always left behind so irritated + for the bikini area….well….it’s not pretty! LOL
If you haven’t read my blog post about the Bliss Ingrown Hair Pads, you probably don’t know that those things about killed me! Hahaha, my skin was much too sensitive for them so I have been on a hunt to find a method that works for me + by Jove I think I’ve got it!! I am going to share with you what I do to obtain a close shave and keep ingrown hairs at bay!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1. The first thing I did was research what kind of things help ingrown hairs + salicylic acid popped up. I thought that this would be something awesome to try because it was something I had in my home already. I had a mask with salicylic acid in it and an exfoliating cleaner, so for a week (without shaving) I cleansed my legs with the cleanser and the day before, I used the mask on my legs (left on for 15 minutes while relaxing and wearing a face mask). I washed the mask off, pat dried my legs + moisturized them.
2. On the day that you decide to shave, when you jump into the shower, wash the rest of your body and then use your exfoliating glove (and your favorite body wash) to gently exfoliate your le gs to help loosen the hairs + to remove any dead skin cells.
3. Next I apply the Bikini Zone gel to my legs + let it set for a moment. This product really works + helps to keep my skin irritation free…in all areas, including under the arms. Once that has set for about a minute or 2, I use a 5 blade razor. Man, a razor like this is magic!! I swear it gets all the hair + I highly recommend them!
4. After you have shaved every area that needs it, gently exfoliate your legs/necessary area again. I have read that people actually shave a second time but that is up to each individual + not part of my actual routine.
5. Once out of the shower, pat dry your skin. You want to care for your skin not damage it! when your skin is still a bit damp, mix the oil of your choice together with the body butter, cream, or moisturizer of your choice and smooth onto your legs. Your skin should feel amazing after this!!
I love wearing silky or satin PJ’s after shaving my legs because they feel so smooth + silky! I always get compliments from the bf on how smooth my skin is and it’s because I take the time to care for it. You have to relax sometimes and this is a wonderful way to unwind + enjoy some time away from the busy world we are all a part of!
I hope you guys enjoyed this tip so please feel free to comment below + share this with someone who might be looking for a solution to this common problem! I will see you in the next post!!
Until Next Time…
LOVE, PEACE, + SHOPPING RECEIPTS!!